August 13, 2013

In the Life of DancerGal: Raya 2013

This year, I celebrated Raya for the second time around. I've been in a (relatively) steady relationship with SB for about 3 years plus now, but only started celebrating Raya with him since last year. Somehow, this year's Raya felt different.

Hari Raya in Malaysia, as most of you may know it, is a celebration of the mark of the ending of the holy month of Ramadan (fasting). So last year, I tried fasting for the very first time. I think if I'm not mistaken, I lasted like less than a week? A few days maybe? This year (and quite proudly!), I fasted for FOURTEEN days! Yupe! 14. I was super pressed for time this year though, so here's my random Raya story :)

It was the weekend before Raya when I got my Baju Kurung. I was totally traumatised by that experience. Imagine this. Last weekend of shopping before heading home for the celebration. Now imagine the number of people in ONE shopping mall. It was like hell on earth. It took me about 20 minutes to find the right one, bought it and got the hell out. To which, I actually did :)

SammoBammo and I in my yellow baju kurung! 
On the morning of Raya day 1, I arrived bright and early in the morning to SB's house. This was kinda funny but fun. Because SB was getting ready to the mosque, he shouldn't come into contact with anyone of the opposite sex that he isn't related to. So we couldn't even shake hands, let alone hug. Haha! It was pretty fun. And so, he went off while I went off with his mum.

After his mum was done with the hairdresser, we headed off to SB's grandma's house and the song that came to my head was "FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD"!!! I was so excited to get a whiff of the food that was prepared. But of course, I went in and made sure that I "salam" everyone and wished everyone. Once that was done, we made our way over for the food!

I'm sorry I don't have any photos cos we were too busy eating! MUAHAHAHA!

After the makan-makan session, we proceeded to the living room where we had some chatting and a photo-taking session. It was very relaxing and enjoyable :)

SammoBammo and I
All in all, I had an awesome couple of hours with SB and his family :) Thank you for the awesome Raya celebration. Selamat Hari Raya to all :)

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl!

1 comment: