August 28, 2013

In the Life of DancerGal: Four Drug-store Make Up Products that SavedMe!

Okay, so yesterday was super crazy. I knew that there was this event called the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2013 (APEA 2013) happening yesterday. The Founder/Mentor of Cempaka Schools, Dato' Freida Pilus, won the award under the Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award. Because the event was of such that SammoBammo made a tux just to wear to the event, when I found out that I wasn't attending this event, I was sorta relieved (no shopping = saving $$$!). However, as luck would have it, yesterday itself at around 11am, I received a call saying that someone would not be able to make it and that I was specifically invited by Dato' Freida straight after this person couldn't come. This happened while I was at work, which meant no clothes, no contact lenses and no make up.

So during lunch, I flew home to pick up a selection of dresses for her to choose for me, and made calls to my optician to make sure he got me the contact lenses. I asked for dailies so that I could wear them for that night only. When I got back to my office, I realised that I had forgotten about make up. So after work, I headed back to SammoBammo's home where we took turns showering and getting ready. By the time we were both dressed, it was almost 6.45pm. We left for Bangsar Village where I ran into Caring Pharmacy to pick up the following 4 products.

Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Clear BB Stick
SilkyGirl Eyeshadow Quad
So in the car, I worked up some magic. I first started out with the BB Stick and used it as Foundation. Made dots and lines across my face and blended it in with my fingers. Yes, did all of this in a moving car. All in the name of vain! It was tough cos not only did I not have a proper brush, I also had no rubber bands to tie up my hair, which meant that hair kept falling back into my face. And cos at this point, I had already put on my contacts, I wasn't able to face the aircond as well.

After blending in the foundation, I started on the eyes using the quad. Used the silver on my middle and inner parts of the eyes. My fingers were the brushes. It was tough using my fingers because with brushes, you can define how thick and thin you want them to be. So it was kinda tough making them thin. Once I had blended out the silver which I used to sort of define my eyes, I used the navy blue to line the top part of my eyes. Seemed pretty simple right? Well, aside from using my finger as an eyeliner brush, technically it was kinda easy. 

I wanted to use my eyeliner and mascara but cos the car was being such a bumping monster, I couldn't do it up until I got to the hotel. So I used the Balm Stain and rubbed a teeny bit onto my fingers to be used as cheek stains (because I was too cheap to get a blusher) and then went onto stain my lips. Killed two birds with one stone! Woot woot! 

When we were in KL town, traffic was kinda bad, and at each traffic light, I would whip out the mascara and liner. By the time we got to the hotel (Shangri-la Hotel, Kuala Lumpur), I was already done with everything :) SammoBammo was pretty impressed by the whole thing especially cos I did everything while my car was super bumpy! By the time I got to the hotel, I looked something like this...

Final look when I got to the hotel...

SammoBammo and I 

At the end of the night...

Photo with SammoBammo and his dad
I was pretty pleased with the look I got by just picking them off the shelves in 5 mins. Although it was quite stressful, but I'm grateful things turned out the way they did. :) I had a great and fantastic evening and I cannot wait for more awesome stories to come! 

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment