February 1, 2015

Change in Life (Lives)...

For those of you who have yet to receive the news, I am now officially engaged :)

SammoBammo got down on one knee and proposed. Obviously I said yes, hence the sentence above. On 30th January when it first happened, I was in a state of shock and awe. To be honest, that feeling of shock still has yet to disappear. However, due to the nature of our relationship, we had to come down from cloud nine pretty quickly as we had to tackle some big personal issues.

We knew that upon the announcement, there were gonna be a bunch of people who were not gonna be happy for us. Not that it's a wrong thing, because they have a right to be unhappy with the decision that the both of us made. That being said, in this new phase of my life, I ask myself, do I really need these negative people in my life? The answer: OF COURSE NOT!

On the other hand, I am eternally grateful for those who are incredibly happy for me. We've been swarmed by congratulatory messages and those mean so much more to me. I have a great team behind me, helping to plan the wedding as well as give us advice on what to/not to do. That we really appreciate. We are honestly taking our time to plan, so PLEASE don't ask when is the big day, because both of us won't be able to answer you as we are not sure ourselves. Let me get to the real reason why I decided to blog about this...

Reality is beginning to sink in. That means, I am starting to accept the fact that I am getting married and is getting a new family. Emotions are enjoying this roller coaster ride. I would really APPRECIATE it if people (other than family and really close friends and people who I choose!) to not ask me questions about religion and culture. The relationship between SammoBammo and I have been going on for 4.5 years. This was the first thing we talked about, have been talking about throughout the relationship, and of course, now. I know those who care for me have opinions of your own, but I would really appreciate it if you gave me constructive advice now, rather than questioning my decision.

This emotional roller coaster is not exactly a bad thing. I know how some people say that I should just be happy and all, but I do believe that downs come along for a reason. It teaches me how to handle crap and friendships and relationships. I know who I want with me along with the ride. And for that, I will be keeping tabs on my planning with a wedding blog. I have yet to come up with it, but when I do, you will know. :) To those of you who really care and mean it, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. That's all I can say.

Thank you.

Stay happy and active!

Future Mrs. DancerGal :)

2 comments: