September 24, 2013

In the Life of DancerGal: Reliving my childhood with Walt Disney!

I went to the Putrajaya International Fireworks Competition over one of the weekends with some MSS friends (Adry, Min, Dennis and Kevin) to check out some fireworks and play with my new toy! :P Little did I know, I was going to be thoroughly surprised and amazingly happy by the end of the night (before your mind starts to wonder, no, I was not proposed to and I am not engaged!)

From what I knew, the contender for that evening was from the U.S of A. We tried looking for a spot upon arriving at the Pusat Maritime, Putrajaya. There were so many people and it was so crowded. We took at least about 20 mins just looking for a good spot, which we did find in the end. Anyway, after setting up, Dennis helped me set my camera to certain settings and taught me how to use it. Once that was done, we sort of stood there waiting for about 15 to 20 mins more. Then an awesome announcement was made. They did a short profile about the contender from USA and guess what? The contender was from WALT DISNEY!

Walt Disney's signature

I was jumping with joy and super ecstatic when I heard their name! Imagine the look on a 5-year old child that just got a huge cotton candy. I knew that this competition included choreography between music and fireworks. That means, 25 minutes of Disney music, 25 mins of fireworks... wow. I was so superbly excited. Honestly speaking, I didn't take that many (good) shots, but I was proud of a few. Please note that these photos are NOT edited hence the horrible smoke around the fireworks and incomplete shots. I'm sorry I have yet to figure out how to play with Photoshop and I would rather post this sooner rather than later. So please go easy on me okay?











Here are some photos from my awesome camera-savvy friends. I honestly speaking am in awe by the beauty of their photos and I can't wait to learn more from them! :) 
Credit: Dennis Lee
Credit: Dennis Lee
Credit: Alvin Wong
It was pretty epic. We were entertained by songs from my childhood favourite cartoons like Cinderella, Tarzan, Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc. It was just so much fun that I couldn't stop smiling after the whole thing was over. Like I said, I was like the 5-year old child who just got her favourite cotton candy. I was quite frustrated in the beginning of it all, but by the end of it, I was just like OMG OMG OMG! (If you know me well enough, you'd probably be able to picture me saying this!) 

OH YEAH! I'm a happy girl! <3 div="" nbsp="">

Love always, 
DancerGal Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment