July 7, 2012

#SaferMalaysia - Being safe by feeling safe!

Recently, our social media has been filled with news/ statuses/ shares/ etc about people being mugged, robbed, stabbed, etc. It's quite depressing really.. as if you look at it from a different perspective, people are being so "desperate" that they'd resort to robbing and stealing in broad daylight, without any concern about the wellbeing of others. In my honest opinion, these type of people should no longer be around us, but I guess times have come to this.

Sorry for the ranting, but back to my main point... Ever wondered why you felt so insecure and unsafe?

Did you ever notice, that while walking in malls, there are women who cling onto their bags for dear life? Men keeping a tight hand on their pockets or even in it? Did YOU ever wonder what was in their bags/wallets that they were trying to hide/protect? Unless they are politicians, I seriously doubt that they are trying to protect the illegitimate photos or data of them, but rather CASH! And in today's day and age, who doesn't need some extra cash?

I honestly sometimes think to myself, "Are you serious?"!!! Cos don't these people realize that they are attracting attention to themselves? I have absolutely no intentions of taking anything from them, but even then, I am curious to the amounts of cash they probably have on them.

But in all honesty, they probably are only carrying around RM 200? Yet, why draw attention to it?

I hear stories of people getting mugged, car-jacked, etc, and I've come to realize the similarities:

  1. They weren't really aware of their surroundings. Honestly, when you walk to your car in a parking lot, do you take notice of certain things like if there are people following you? Panic buttons? The area that your cars are parked in? There is a possibility of being alert without looking scared. Look confident, yet be alert. It's really not that difficult. Twisting your head around like a manic dog, isn't really going to help. 
  2. They didn't really "see it happening". Seriously? Did you seriously "SEE IT HAPPENING"? Which moron in the right frame of mind would say "Oh, I'm going to be robbed in T minus 5 minutes"? SERIOUSLY! Come on people! 
I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that it's time that not only we help each other be on the lookout, but also, what I'm trying to say is, DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU'RE PROTECTING YOUR LIFE! It makes an ordinary person question what's on you, let alone someone who's looking and searching for vulnerability. 

Everyone, please stay alert and be safe always! Let's keep to a #SaferMalaysia! :) 

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment