December 24, 2012

Self-Reflection: #2012Reflections - Personal

MotivationMY.com founder, Syafique Shuib, has been posting on twitter with a hash tag #2012Reflections. Some of you may have seen it, some may not. Anyway, the goal of the tag is for us to figure out what are some of the biggest things we have accomplished or learned in 2012.

For me personally, 2012 was a big learning year for me. I learned a lot about myself. There were some struggles of course, but the best part about struggles is that you learn how badly you never want to go back :)

I accomplished a few big things in 2012. The biggest one being me losing 2 dress sizes. Yes, I used to wear an L, and now, I wear an S or M, depending on the cutting. :) I won't lie by saying that it was a piece of cake. I worked my ass off for it. Attending Bootcamp regularly for at least 8-9 months, committing myself to at least one run a month, watching what I eat, no junkies, drinking lots of water (which I used to hate!). It wasn't easy. But back in October, I wore a bikini to a beach in Penang. That had to be the highlight of my weight loss. While I have some work to do in terms of toning, I am very pleased that my discipline and determination got my body to this. I feel fitter, healthier and definitely more beautiful :)

Aside from the weight loss, I also discovered what really makes me tick. As many of you may know, I am a relatively huge nerd. I am totally into the game 'Star Craft 2: Wings of Liberty'. I have been playing the game myself for about 1.5 years now? I realized that my enjoyment into the game has gone beyond playing. I am able to appreciate the efforts that pro-gamers out into the game as well as personally make the effort to catch reruns of tournaments (as most of them happen while I'm either at work or teaching!) and personally analyze game plays. I, myself, have stopped playing for a while now, but I am still very much into reading news and learning more about the mechanics of the game. This really makes me get a sort of high that I can't feel with any other thing in my life. :)

Also, in 2012, I started being more involved in MotivationMY.com as well started hosting shows for Inspire.fm :) These are semi-career based stuff, but I realized that I should put this here as well, because I feel like this is my passion. Something, like SC2, gives me a high and a sense of joy that I cannot feel with any other thing that I do. The satisfaction that I get from reading a post that I wrote or listening to a podcast that I host, is just plain amazing!!! The joy of reading "by @sherylhosulynn" or "hosted by Sheryl" is plain high. Such joys are simple and plain and cannot be retrieved any other way. :)

I also learned in 2012 the type of person I consciously do not want to be. I don't want to be the typical air-head bimbo whereby I can't hold a conversation with. I wanna be able to speak of historical events, political, financial, social, etc. I want to be able to have healthy debates without holding grudges against the person who disagrees with me. I want to be able to form my own opinions by doing constant reading and constant research. I want to be more involved in the world and be more in tuned with myself. I am glad that I've found great people that I can talk to and have healthy debates with. I'm also learning a lot from the same bunch of people. You know who you are :) Thank you for being in my life :)

I had such a great 2012, but it became amazing with SammoBammo in the picture :) I believe that I've had some struggles in terms of my insecurities and I believe that I have grown in terms of the relationship and looking forward to 2013, I just want to enjoy the company and the life together. Thank you, SammoBammo, for a great 2012, and here's to an amazing 2013 ahead :)

Reflecting on 2012, I realized that I have learned so much and grown even more. Looking forward to 2013, I don't want to say that I should stop learning because I believe that the learning never stops. It doesn't stop and it doesn't end. But in 2013, it's about putting everything I've learned in 2012 to enhance my growth and to give back.

It's been a great year, but I am definitely looking forward to an amazing 2013 ahead :)

So what's your #2012Reflections?

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment