October 17, 2013

Apologies for the lack of updates!

Hello readers! :)

I'm really sorry for the insane lack of updates. I have been somewhat jobless for the past 3 weeks, but I also have never been happier, and busier. Since I left my job, I have been working on myself physically (going back to Bootcamp), artistically (being extra nerdy with Monday Show) and emotionally (I have more time for myself!). This can only mean one thing, a very much happier and relaxed me!

So, in terms of my job, I have been freelancing as a writer for an online radio portal, brainstorming with a friend to take part in his company, and writing articles for someone dear to me. I think I have enough, if not more than enough, to keep me occupied in terms of work.



In terms of artistically, I have been really giving my all to my Monday Show classes. Been watching and researching musicals and singing and dancing. This week, the assignment is Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. Pretty easy right? But try comparing the movie to the staged version, the past to the present, the West End and Broadway. Yes, that's what I've been doing for the past week or so. Of course, Julie Andrews is perfect to me. I've also been in researching into musicals of the Emerald City to look into the soundtracks to find songs that I like and we could possibly working for a recital. I've also been insanely into Newsies. Been looking into the actors, actresses, their past and present jobs, etc. Okay, I may sound insane, but it's really so much fun!

Mary Poppins
Sound of Music
Newsies
Wicked

In terms of physically, well, Bootcamp is Bootcamp. But here's the thing, I do Bootcamps in the evenings of Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Yes, just before heading over to Monday Show classes. In the beginning, it was physically difficult, but now, I'm starting to get used to the routine and I feel healthier and definitely fitter. Can't wait to whip myself back into shape! 

So those are my updates for the past three weeks. I know I promised to update way earlier, but this is my life now. It's filled with music, song, dance and nerdy stuff. This is the beginning of my new life. It can only get better from here :) Time to start my new life, with my new family (Monday Show) and of course, my new business partners! 

Thank you to everyone for your support and I will do my best to blog more often! Do expect some posts to be of musicals. When it's my turn to do my assignment for #Musical101, I will be blogging so that my Monday Show colleagues can read it as well. 

I love you guys so much! 

My beloved Monday Show Family! This is only part of them... 
The loved ones... :) 
Here's to a new beginning :) 

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment