November 12, 2012

Self-Reflection: Motivation, Inspiration, Encouragement...



Being involved in MotivationMY.com and Inspire.FM, kinda makes me wonder...

Do I deserve to be called "inspirational" or am I in the right position to motivate others?

Generally, motivational speakers tend to be people who study social science or are licensed psychologists. There are also motivational speakers like Nick Vujicic who have lost everything, worked their asses off, and then gained everything back and more, which technically qualifies them to be motivational speakers. But what about me?

In all honesty, my family isn't rich, but I have generally lived a privileged life, which in turn, makes me quite snobbish (only in certain aspects though!). I have definitely been blessed in many ways, which then leads me to question myself on how I can motivate, inspire and encourage others? But then, I realized something.  While I have nothing to offer in terms of losing limbs or losing all my money, I do have much to offer considering that I'm a 26 year old with a professional job, not out wasting my life on drugs and alcohol, living my life exactly how I want it to be, without all the drama. And obviously, about 13 years ago, I would have never thought that my life would end up this way.

In between 1995 and 2003, I was a horrible friend to have. I disliked people in general, and only had my nose in books. Not textbooks, of course, but story books and novels. At the age of 15, I was already reading books like Harry Potter, CSI, Lord of the Rings, etc. Thick books which take me to a place that wasn't Malaysia or Kuala Lumpur. I didn't speak much to others, and I refused to speak in any other language other than what I considered to be my mother tongue, English. If you didn't speak English, I wouldn't speak to you. Simple as that.

I may not be inspirational or motivational or encouraging in the sense of losing something then earning it again, but I honestly do feel like I've finally started living a full life and I could not be prouder of myself.

I honestly believe that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE has something to share. Unless you are sitting down and wasting your life away, I believe that at some point in your life, you would've achieved something.

This is what motivationMY.com and Inspire.FM have helped me realize. While I know that no one is perfect, I also know that we can and are able to learn from one another. It's about sharing our experiences. Our ups and downs. Let's help each other and spread more positivity and joy! Let's help make ourselves happier and more cheerful. :)

At the end of the day, I believe that it's about what we want to do for ourselves. I believe the question to ask would be, what do you want to do?

I am grateful for the platform that motivationMY.com and Inspire.FM have helped to provide. When I read and listen to motivating and encouraging stories, especially when I have a bad day, it makes me realize that there is no point being sad for too long because there is just WAYYY too much to be happy about! I am ever so happy when I read about a story or listen to an inspiring interview for the person telling the story! :) It never fails to make me smile :)

So my point. Everyone is positive in their own way. Do share your positivity with me, motivationMY.com or Inspire.FM because everyone deserves to feel like they are positive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring in their own right!

Love always,
DancerGal Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment